May 12, a Celebration for Women in Mathematics, year 2022
The MSRI Celebration of Women in Mathematics 2022 event is aimed at graduate students, with a focus on "How to Build a Career in Math". It will be a hybrid workshop, with online and in-person activities at satellite institutions.
There is no cost to participate. This event is open to worldwide participation.
"How to Build a Career in Math": Tentative Agenda
Events take place between 8:00am and 11:30am U.S. Pacific Time (UTC -7). (What time is that for you?)
- Panel Discussion featuring:
- Elizabeth Donovan, Murray State University, USA
- June Barrow-Green, The Open University, UK
- Yukari Ito, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Andrea Solotar, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Angela Tabiri, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Ghana
- Breakout Rooms on "How to become an independent researcher", "Finding mentors", "How to build a network and collaborations", and "How to balance teaching, research, admin, and life"
- Social Tea (online gathering)
How to Register
Visit https://www.msri.org/workshops/1044 for full event details. You will need to create an MSRI.org account to register.
Ini Adinya (University of Ibadan), Maria-Grazia Ascenzi (University of California, Los Angeles), Hajer Bahouri (Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions; Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)), Hélène Barcelo (MSRI - Mathematical Sciences Research Institute), Lenore Blum (Carnegie Mellon University), Donatella Danielli (Arizona State University), Shanna Dobson (University of California, Riverside), Malena Espanol (Arizona State University), Vasiliki Evdoridou (The Open University), Olubunmi Fadipe-Joseph (University of Ilorin), Anna Fino (Università di Torino), Adi Glucksam (Northwestern University), Eriko Hironaka (Florida State University), M.E. Hogan (Texas Tech University), Kyounghee Kim (Florida State University), Kuei-Nuan Lin (Pennsylvania State University), Liangbing Luo (University of Connecticut), LEAD Ornella Mattei (San Francisco State University), Betul Orcan-Ekmekci (Rice University), Leticia Pardo Simon (University of Manchester), Julia Plavnik (Indiana University), Palina Salanevich (Universiteit Utrecht), Awais Shaukat (Government College University Lahore), Tara Taylor (St. Francis Xavier University)
17 Gauss Way
Berkeley, CA 94720